Monday, June 29, 2009

Rambling

Today I'm going to ramble around. I don't want to lay a guilt trip on myself, but I see I had 17 posts in Feb, 14 in March, 9 in April, 5 in May, 0 in June until now. There is a pattern to again take note of. I start enthusiastically and when my enthusiasm fades, so does my effort. Hmmm.

Eph 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen!


This was yesterday's sermon. And I need God to do more than I ask or imagine because my asking and imagining fizzles out. It is a comfort to know that God has provided for that. Yet I don't want to use God's 'more' as an excuse to live 'less'. Kurt reminded us that this more-ness of God should enable us to live large, to risk and to expect and to be amazed at God's work. That's what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment